We’ve been working with the fantastic Dr Harper who amongst being a qualified doctor and founder of The Harper Clinic, is also an all-round expert in Perimenopause and Menopause. She believes in the early management of symptoms to stay youthful and healthy through a nutritious diet.
Dr Harper shares her tips on how to harness the power of cherries to help combat common menopause symptoms:
- Cherries are loaded with antioxidants, which help to fight free radicals which cause cell damage, a symptom of menopause which can cause bone density loss in osteoporosis
- Exercising daily for 12-15 minutes can help beat menopause blues. Try snacking on cherries post-exercise as they have anti-inflammatory properties which can potentially help reduce symptoms of gout and painful joints which are a few common effects of menopause
- Introducing a wind down routine before bed will help set yourself up for a good night’s sleep, as well as snacking on cherries in the evening. Cherries contain melatonin to regulate the sleep wake cycle and improve your sleep quality which can suffer during this time
- Cherries contain polyphenols to relieve the brain fog experienced through perimenopause and menopause
- Cherries are a good source of fibre, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C and potassium which is essential to maintaining a healthy immune system and your gut which are effected through menopause through changes to the gut flora.
For more from Dr Harper and Love Fresh Cherries, be sure to follow us on instagram @drshahzadiharper @LoveFreshCherries.