We’ve been working with the amazing Le’Nise Brothers (@eatlovemove), registered nutritionist specialising in women’s health, hormones and the menstrual cycle, Author of ‘You Can Have a Better Period’ and luckily for us, one of our #NoPeriodPants campaign ambassadors.
Le’Nise says “I’ve been working with Love Fresh Cherries for the launch of its #NoPeriodPants campaign, which seeks to raise awareness of missed periods and amenorrhea. Their newly commissioned research found that a staggering two-thirds of British women (62%) experienced a loss of periods for three months or more, and over half of British women (52%) missed a period at least once in their lifetime.”
Le’Nise highlights the reasons why cherries can help with menstrual health:
- Good source of potassium – One cup of cherries contains 7% of our daily requirement of potassium, a mineral that can be helpful for reducing premenstrual bloating.
- Provides plenty of Vitamin C – Fresh cherries are a great source of vitamin C, which is necessary to support healthy ovulation.
- Great source of copper – One cup of cherries contains 10% of our daily requirement of copper, a mineral which helps your body make energy and use iron effectively.
- Supports gut health – Fresh cherries are also full of fibre, which helps you to have regular periods, supports good gut health and helps you maintain healthy estrogen levels.
- Provides essential hormones – Fresh cherries are a great source of phytoestrogens which help to balance estrogen and progesterone levels. These are two of the hormones that help females have healthy periods and menstrual cycles.