As well as being low in calories, only 87 per 100g, fresh Cherries also help to lower cholesterol and high-blood pressure.
Our fresh Cherries are perfect as a nutritious snack, an additive to meals or as an ingredient in many meals.
Fresh cherries are also great as a post workout pick-me-up due to their ability to aid in the recovery of muscle damage from exercise.
Some other health benefits of fresh Cherries:
- Helps improve sleep, as a rich natural source of the hormone melatonin
- Helps reduce inflammation & may also reduce symptoms of arthritis and gout
- Can help with heart health
- A strong provider of vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system, improves skin and general body health
- High in anthocyanins, which act as antioxidants and may also offer anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-cancer benefits
- Good source of fibre
- 100g of cherries can provide 25% of your daily recommended intake of calcium
- Compared to sweet cherries, raw sour cherries contain 50% more vitamin C per 100g and about 20 times more vitamin A
British Cherries have many health benefits including improving brain health and aiding in a higher quality of sleep, making them a perfect dietary addition for anyone on-the-go.